Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Still available on Ebay and Amazon

Eve Merriam's The Nixon Poems came out in 1970, before the full horror of the Nixon years had been made public. I bought my copy in the 90s at Manzanita Book Store in San Francisco for $4. I might get around to reading it from cover to cover to make me feel a little bit better about our current administration. So far I've just looked at poems randomly, which are accompanied by old fashioned collages done without photoshop.

The second poem in the book may prove to be increasingly relevant as Occupy Chicago approaches this May...
Spring
The sky
is as blue
as policemen's helmets.
The Democrat In The Woodpile
I love the whole damned world.
Even the foreigners.

No comments:


About Me

My photo
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. -Margaret Mead